Hello, friends, It’s been a while. This semester has been a long and hard one for several reasons, but things are settling down now, school is out, and I’m feeling ready to start digging into some classics again.
Conveniently, the Classics Club is doing another spin! You know how it goes: I post a list of 20 books here, the Classics Club announces a number on Sunday, Dec 22, and then I have to read that book by the end of January!
This is super perfect timing, because I don’t really know what I want to read next. I’m just listing 20 books from my Classics Club list that sound interesting at the moment, and hopefully I’ll get a good one!
- Romola by George Eliot
- The Mabinogion
- The Aeneid Virgil
- Pamela by Samuel Richardson
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Pioneers by James Fenimore Cooper
- Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
- Aurora Leigh Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Writings by Washington Irving
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
- Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
- The Vicar of Wakefield by Oliver Goldsmith
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- Lud-in-the-Mist by Hope Mirrlees
- The King of Elfland’s Daughter by Lord Dunsinay
- Histories by Heroditus
- Wieland by Charles Brockden Brown
- Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
- Revelations of Divine Love Julian of Norwich
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott