Hello friends! I emerge from my school-induced blog hibernation to post my Classics Club spin list. If you’re not in the Classics Club (why not? It’s open to all!), the spin list is the 20 books below, selected from my larger Classics Club list. In a few days, the Classics Club moderators will post a number, and I will read the book which is that number on my list and post a review of it by May 31st.
There’s not a huge amount of rationale in this list. I essentially chose ones that I felt like I could read in two weeks, which is about how much time I’ll realistically have. I also only added books I already own or think I can easily find at my local used bookstore.
I don’t know if I’ll participate in every spin, but this one is timed well. My summer TBR is huge, and this will make choosing which classic to read first so much easier. I can’t wait to start digging into my personal reading/reading challenges again. Just a few more weeks!
4/22 Update: #19 has been spun! Looks like I’ll be reading The Woman in White!
The spin list:
- The Sound of the Mountain by Yasunari Kawabata
- Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
- The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
- Troilus and Cressida by Shakespeare
- The Vicar of Wakefield by Oliver Goldsmith
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
- Villette by Charlotte Brontë
- Aurora Leigh Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Writings by Washington Irving
- Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
- Light in August by William Faulkner
- Howard’s End by E.M. Forster (technically a re-read)
- Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
- Pilgrim’s Inn by Elizabeth Goudge
- The Mabinogion
- The Bostonians by Henry James
- Histories by Heroditus
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne